THAILAND: Probe into Thai Beverage beer pricing (report)
The Thai Ministry of Commerce has initiated an official investigation into allegations that drinks group Thai Beverage has been selling its standard beer brands below the regulatory floor price, according to a report in the Thai newspaper Krungthep Turakij.
The report cited the director general of the Ministry of Commerce's Internal Trade Department as the source for the story.
According to the report, complaints have been lodged with the ministry alleging that prices of Thai Beverage's Archa Beer were below minimum prices set by the Thai Ministry of Finance's Excise Department. The report also stated that an unnamed source within Thai Beverage had refuted the report.
Rising costs have seen Thai Beverage report a fall in net profits....
Thai Beverage has officially launched its Chang Beer brand in the UK....
Thai drinks group Thai Beverage (ThaiBev) has announced that its subsidiary Sura Piset is to acquire controlling interests in the spirits producer United Products Company (UPC) and the soft drinks com...
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- A-B InBev cuts ribbon on Vietnam brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review