POLAND: Private label purchasing on increase
The perception of private label brands is changing in Poland with their traditional image of having low quality gradually fading, according to a study.
The study, published today (4 December) by PMR Research, showed that the purchasing of private labels is no longer treated merely as a way to shop economically (66% of respondents think so) but rather as a "clever, wise way to shop" (56%).
More than two-fifths of the interviewees claimed that they buy private labels more often compared to a year ago and 27% say that own brands constitute a significant part of their shopping.
The study, conducted on a nationwide sample of Polish consumers in September, found that the most recognisable private labels in the country are Tesco and Real Quality, which were recognised by 61% of respondents.
At the same time 60% recognised the Carrefour brand, and 40% - another Tesco brand - Tesco Korzystny Zakup.
Conversely, Polish brands Wiodaca Marka, Pierwsza Cena and ECO+ were characterised by poor recognition.
PMR concluded that respondents mostly point to the brands whose name they associate with the name of a retail chain, or the brands which comprise this name.
During the survey, PMR also asked where the respondents most frequently do their shopping. Four retail chains came out on top: Biedronka, Real, Tesco and Carrefour.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report