PHILIPPINES: Private equity buys 5% Pepsi-Cola stake
Australian private equity firm Platinum Investment Management has acquired a 5% stake in Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines.
Pepsi-Cola Philippines announced the move in a stock exchange filing today (9 December).
Platinum held 190.756m shares in the soft drinks group as of 28 November, according to the filing. Further details were unavailable.
Platinum is an Australian based investmunt fund, claiming to manage almost A$14bn (US$9.1bn).
Stable government and an expanding economy have greatly improved the growth prospects for soft drinks producers in Nigeria. Moreover, writes Richard Corbett, strategic analyst at market analysts Canad...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
PepsiCo is standing firm against its bottlers' demands, but it looks increasingly likely that the soft drinks giant will have to raise its offer if it does not want the deal to go flat....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has completed the acquisition of Better Beverages, a Pepsi-Cola and Dr Pepper franchised bottler serving central Texas....
Suntory will follow up its success with previous special summer limited edition Pepsi cola drinks with Shiso Pepsi, based on the flavour of perilla leaves (shiso in Japanese), a favoured condiment to ...
Stock Spirits Group (SSG) has announced the appointment of Francisco Tonarely as managing director for the US....
Pepsi Bottling Group, the drinks bottler currently in a takeover tussle with its majority shareholder, Pepsico, has signed a deal to buy Massachusetts-based firm Pepsi-Cola Bottlers for the Merrimack ...
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed an agreement to acquire Better Beverages, a Pepsi-Cola and Dr Pepper franchised bottler serving central Texas....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018