UK: Princes brings functionality to sports waters
Princes Soft Drinks has lined up brand extensions for two of its sports waters brand in the UK.
The UK company yesterday (4 April) unveiled Activa and Reviva - two additions to its Aqua Pura water portfolio. Activa - a hypotonic water - and Reviva - an isotonic drink - will be available in the country from later this month.
The additions are aimed at consumers between 18 and 34 who want the benefit of a functionally-enhanced drink, the company said. The waters will be supported by trade and consumer marketing including direct mail, outdoor advertising and an integrated PR campaign.
"We spotted a market opportunity for a natural mineral water-based range that will act as a complete hydration system for people who want to get the most out of their exercise," said David Patmore, marketing director for Aqua-Pura. "Activa and Reviva are ideally placed to meet this demand and we're confident that their positioning will provide a simple solution for active consumers."
Activa is available in citrus, tropical and summer fruits flavours, while Reviva will be offered in summer fruits and orange flavours. Both waters are available in 500ml sports cap bottles with an RRP of 69p each.
Activa and Reviva mark the first brand extension for Aqua-Pura since Princes acquired the brand in 2004.
Following the recent floods in the UK, bottled water companies provided emergency supplies when mains water services broke down. Their largely unsung actions gave the companies a chance to demonstrate...
Coca-Cola's US$4.1bn acquisition of Glacéau gives the company a presence in the growing enhanced waters sector where, writes Annette Farr, the soft drinks giant will be competing not only with smaller...
Delta Holding has opened a EUR20m (US$27.6m) non-carbonated mineral water bottling plant in Serbia, according to local reports....
Anheuser-Busch has taken on the distribution and marketing of BORBA's drinkable skincare line across the US and around the world....
Global Beverage Solutions has reported a delay in the filing of its form 10-KSB for the end of 2006....
Global Beverage Solutions has acquired premium bottled water company....
Company Products International (CPI), the Denmark-based consumer products marketing company, has reached an agreement to buy the private-label business of mineral water company Aqua d'or....
Asahi Breweries is targeting a slight increase on its forecast sales volumes for next year....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets