US: Prichards’ Distillery aims for European push
Prichards' Distillery, owner of the eponymous rum, has embarked on a tour of Europe in an attempt to secure distribution on the continent.
Phil Prichard, the founder and owner of the US distiller, has visited Italy, England and Holland to meet potential distributors and is planning a second trip in the months ahead.
He told just-drinks that he is looking for European distributors for the company's range of spirits, which includes Prichards' Fine Rum, whiskey and liqueurs.
"We have already found a bottler in Europe. Our luxurious design bottles will be tailored to the European 70cl standard instead of the American 75cl," Prichard said.
"We sell about 1000 cases of our fine rum in the US with Tennessee and Illinois as the most important states and New England as a rising star."
Prichard founded the distillery, based in the US state of Tennessee, in 1999 at the age of 60.
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Leading figures in the Scotch whisky industry are to form a pan-industry working party to investigate the question of image and innovation in Scotch. The debate will be led by the World Whisky Confere...
Liquor auctions have been legalised in New York....
Angostura has launched its first new bitters for nearly 200 years....
Boosted by the performance of its vodka and whiskey brands, Castle Brands has reported first quarter net sales of US$5.6m, a 3% increase over the prior year quarter....
Italian liqueur Pallini Limoncello has received its first off-trade listing in the UK....
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new bottle for Morgan's Spiced Rum in the UK....
Patrón Spirits Company has increased its distribution for its portfolio in the UK....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research