FRANCE: Price/mix effect hinders Laurent-Perrier in year so far
The Laurent-Perrier Group has posted a slower lift in sales as the first nine months of its fiscal year have progressed.
The Champagne company, which is listed on the French stock exchange, said late last week that sales between April and December rose by 6.7% on the corresponding period a year earlier, coming in at EUR209.8m (US$306.1m). Sales in the third quarter, however, slid by 2.1% year-on-year, due to slowing volumes. Laurent-Perrier blamed the drop on a 7.6% climb in its price/mix effect over the nine months.
"In line with its strategy of controlled development, focussed on value, the group manages the evolution of all its brands' volumes with a dual objective," the company said. "Constantly increasing the share of premium products in its sales and ensuring its Champagnes remain of the highest quality by respecting the necessary ageing period."
The group noted a 1% lift in the share of sales delivered in export markets, which now stands at 72%, while the share contributed by premium products to sales was up by 2% to nearly 40% of all sales.
Subsequent to the slowing sales, Laurent-Perrier said it expects sales growth for the full fiscal year of between 5% and 7%, down from the previous forecast of between 6% and 8%.
Sales results for the year to the end of March will be announced in May, with full figures, including profits, available in June.
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has seen sales in its first quarter drop by a fifth, as the group enters what it has described as a "transition period"....
Pernod Ricard has shuffled its management pack, following the appointment of two deputy MDs last week....
Pernod Ricard is releasing ten limited edition 12-bottle cases of tailor-made Perrier-Jouët cuvée, Belle Epoque "By & For", in the UK market....
The Laurent-Perrier supervisory board has appointed Stéphane Tsassis to the position of deputy general manager and member of the management board....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research