UK: Press round up - AD, Pernod & Fortune Day 16
As the date for a rumoured offer nears, press reports have today looked at the possible fallout a deal might have. Both the Financial Times and Reuters report that Pernod's proposed takeover of Allied Domecq could have repercussions for Stolichnaya.
Citing a source familiar with the matter yesterday, Reuters warns that SPI Group, the owner of the vodka brand, is considering changing Allied as its distribution partner. "SPI is reviewing its options for distribution of its brands," the source told Reuters.
"They might not want Pernod to distribute their vodka brand, so they're talking to other people as well," the source added.
Without quoting a source, the Financial Times points out that the marketing and distribution agreement between Allied and SPI is believed to contain a change of control clause, meaning SPI could choose another partner for its vodka if Allied is acquired. Although Allied does not own Stolichnaya, the paper notes, it has an exclusive agreement to market and distribute the vodka in the US until 2010. Pernod is thought to value the Stolichnaya portion of Allied's business at between 25p and 30p per Allied share.
Following a report in La Tribune, saying that Pernod will offer 670 pence per share for Allied today, the French company declined to comment. La Tribune said that a proposal from Pernod and Fortune will be presented to Allied's board later today.
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014