UK: Press round up - AD, Pernod & Fortune Day 14
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up. At the same time, other reports have seen one player back away from the situation.
In yesterday's Sunday Times, it was reported that SPI, the Russian owner of Stolichnaya is interested in acquiring selected Allied brands. Although no sources were cited, the newspaper said that the company has also appointed investment bankers from HSBC Holdings to evaluate the implications of a change in owner of Allied on their joint venture to distribute and market Stolichnaya.
La Tribune, meanwhile, reported that Remy Cointreau is considering acquiring small spirits businesses from Allied should there be a break-up. Citing the company's CEO, Jean-Marie Laborde, the paper said that the Remy is not ruling out the acquisition of certain 'morsels' of Allied. Remy may be interested in Allied's rum and vodka brands, La Tribune noted.
Constellation, however, has said that it is not looking to buy some of the company's spirits brands. When asked to comment on a Wall Street Journal report, claiming Constellation was looking at possible Allied acquisitions, a spokesman told Reuters on Friday: "It's not a secret we are always interested in strengthening our spirits portfolio. (But) somebody is putting two and two together and getting six. We have not said we are specifically interested in acquiring any of the Allied spirits brands."
Finally, a report on the Financial Times Website on Friday said that a formal takeover offer for Allied will be announced by Thursday of this week. Citing people close to the situation, the report noted that Thursday is the day that Allied reports its interim financial results.
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China