US: Presidents' Forum of Distilled Spirits Industry appoints chair
The Presidents' Forum of the Distilled Spirits Industry has elected a new chairman and gained two new members.
The US trade body, which represents distillers and importers, said that Heaven Hill Distilleries' president, Max Shapira, will replace O'Neill Vintners & Distillers' CEO, Jeffrey O'Neill, at the end of his term.
Edrington has also joined the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS), it was announced last week, as it ups its presence in the country.
The Presidents' Forum of the Distilled Spirits Industry, which is made up of 28 heads of drinks companies, claims to represent 55% of all distilled spirits sold in the US. It supports "responsible ... policies toward alcohol that underpin the moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages and the continued implementation of common sense policies towards the regulation, labeling, marketing, advertising and promotion of products."
The group's website says: "We are represented by senior executives of our member companies at our meetings to ensure richness of dialogue and that decisions can be made at our meetings."
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
This week, we speak to William Grant & Sons' global whisky specialist for innovation, and just-drinks subscriber, Kevin Abrook....
With a limited portfolio, a narrow geographic focus and expensive and so far unsuccessful acquisition of Brugal, Edrington is a company that needs to do much more work to become a healthy internationa...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during September 2014....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China