US: Presidents' Forum of Distilled Spirits Industry appoints chair
The Presidents' Forum of the Distilled Spirits Industry has elected a new chairman and gained two new members.
The US trade body, which represents distillers and importers, said that Heaven Hill Distilleries' president, Max Shapira, will replace O'Neill Vintners & Distillers' CEO, Jeffrey O'Neill, at the end of his term.
Edrington has also joined the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS), it was announced last week, as it ups its presence in the country.
The Presidents' Forum of the Distilled Spirits Industry, which is made up of 28 heads of drinks companies, claims to represent 55% of all distilled spirits sold in the US. It supports "responsible ... policies toward alcohol that underpin the moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages and the continued implementation of common sense policies towards the regulation, labeling, marketing, advertising and promotion of products."
The group's website says: "We are represented by senior executives of our member companies at our meetings to ensure richness of dialogue and that decisions can be made at our meetings."
This week, we speak to William Grant & Sons' global whisky specialist for innovation, and just-drinks subscriber, Kevin Abrook....
Edrington has released an online-only expression of a 28-year-old single cask Scotch whisky from its Glenturret distillery....
Stock Spirits Group has appointed former Drambuie CEO Michael Kennedy as the company's new managing director for international and Italy....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends