BELARUS: President reacts angrily to Baltika decision
According to a report in the Moscow Times, the Belarussian president, Alexander Lukashenko, has threatened to ban Baltika, along with every other Russian company, from investing in the country. The dramatic warning comes amid a bitter wrangle over the investment by the Russian brewing concern, Baltika, in modernising a Belarussian brewery at Krinitsa. Baltika planned to invest some $50 million over two years in modernising the brewery after a specific undertaking from Lukashenko that it would be granted a controlling stake in return.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends