BELARUS: President reacts angrily to Baltika decision
According to a report in the Moscow Times, the Belarussian president, Alexander Lukashenko, has threatened to ban Baltika, along with every other Russian company, from investing in the country. The dramatic warning comes amid a bitter wrangle over the investment by the Russian brewing concern, Baltika, in modernising a Belarussian brewery at Krinitsa. Baltika planned to invest some $50 million over two years in modernising the brewery after a specific undertaking from Lukashenko that it would be granted a controlling stake in return.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research