BELARUS: President reacts angrily to Baltika decision
According to a report in the Moscow Times, the Belarussian president, Alexander Lukashenko, has threatened to ban Baltika, along with every other Russian company, from investing in the country. The dramatic warning comes amid a bitter wrangle over the investment by the Russian brewing concern, Baltika, in modernising a Belarussian brewery at Krinitsa. Baltika planned to invest some $50 million over two years in modernising the brewery after a specific undertaking from Lukashenko that it would be granted a controlling stake in return.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Interview - Concha y Toro Marketing Director
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review