BELARUS: President reacts angrily to Baltika decision
According to a report in the Moscow Times, the Belarussian president, Alexander Lukashenko, has threatened to ban Baltika, along with every other Russian company, from investing in the country. The dramatic warning comes amid a bitter wrangle over the investment by the Russian brewing concern, Baltika, in modernising a Belarussian brewery at Krinitsa. Baltika planned to invest some $50 million over two years in modernising the brewery after a specific undertaking from Lukashenko that it would be granted a controlling stake in return.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report