POLAND: President may refer vodka dispute to Constitutional Court
Poland's President, Aleksander Kwasniewski, will decide today what to do with the controversial Industrial Property Law, which is set to rob Pernod Ricard of its Polish vodka brands, according to Polish reports.The Property law, passed by the Sejm and the Senate, will deprive Agros Holdings, in which Pernod Ricard holds a controlling stake, the international rights to many of Poland's leading vodka brands, including Wyborowa. The international rights will be transferred to the Polmoses that produce the vodkas.The President is expected to refer the issue to the Constitutional Court for a ruling on whether the transfer is legal. According to Polish press reports, some legal experts have described the law as an attempt to rob Agros of its legal property.Most observers agree that the decision should be made by independent courts and not a legislative body.If the President decides not to refer the ruling to the courts, he could sign or veto the law himself.Chris Brook-Carter
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research