Premium spirits, health and virtual reality drive UK consumer trends - William Grant & Sons
William Grant & Sons has released its UK market report for 2016
The latest William Grant & Sons market report has highlighted several trends driving consumption among UK consumers.
Premium spirits are in growth, the company said. The sector is now worth GBP1.1bn, up 18.6% year on year - equating to 39% of total spirits growth.
Meanwhile, the juxtaposition between healthy living and hedonism is on the rise among consumers, according to the report. William Grant also said brands are increasingly using virtual reality technology to create an "immersive brand world".
"Consumers are continuously filtering through the noise and uncertainty of everyday life, and with more brands and experiences available to them 'on demand', it is no surprise that consumers are appraising their choices with more scrutiny than ever before," said Gary Keogh, marketing director of William Grant & Sons UK. "From the war on sugar, to the rise of abstinence or monitored intake as a lifestyle choice, we are also seeing the health rhetoric dial up in 2016 and brands are responding in force.
"As the expectation of brands reaches a new level, it is those who are able to communicate with real authenticity and involve the consumer in a unique, personalised brand experience that will win in the category."
Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
Adult soft drinks appeal to both alcohol drinkers and traditional soft drink consumers....read more
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020