MEXICO: Premium sales drive H1 Tequila exports up 16% - report
Mexico's Tequila exports jumped 16% to US$568m in the first half of this year, local media has reported.
Sales were driven by premium 100% agave Tequila exports to China, Russia and the US, according to press agency EFE citing figures from Mexico's agriculture department yesterday. In 2013, Mexico reportedly exported 149.1m litres of Tequila worth $996.9m.
In June, the Scotch Whisky Association said it was to sign a "co-operation agreement" with Mexico's Tequila Regulatory Council to boost protection of both spirits globally and encourage fair competition.
Last year, China agreed to lift a ban on imports of high-alcohol Tequila.
Food and Grocery Retailing in Mexico: Databook to 2017
Canadean’s, Food and Grocery Retailing in Mexico: Databook to 2017 contains detailed historic and forecast retail sales values, segmented at a category level. The report takes into account macroeconom...read more
In this, the third part of this month's management briefing into environmental sustainability in the spirits sector, Ben Cooper offers a case study of the Scotch Whisky Association's approach to the e...
"May you live in interesting times." That ancient Chinese proverb, surely apocryphal but horribly apt, seems to apply more than ever to Scotch whisky....
Ben Cooper has stumbled upon a term that crops up time and again when it comes to sustainability....
As the Scotch whisky industry en masse breathes a long - if discreet - sigh of relief that the Scottish National Party failed to carry the day in the country's independence referendum last month, it w...
This month, Ben Cooper considers the need for healthy competition among drinks companies when it comes to driving industry-wide sustainability....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research