FRANCE: Premium brands boost Vranken-Pommery Monopole Q3
The Champagne producer has seen good growth from its premium brands
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has reported a 5.6% rise in third-quarter group sales, helped by a strong performance from its premium Champagne brands.
Sales in the three months to the end of September increased to EUR3.5m (US$4.8m), the Reims-based group said today (23 October). Champagne sales in the period were up by 27% to EUR43.3m, while its Provence and Camargue wines saw a 16.6% increase in sales to EUR14.8m.
Sales outside of these categories, classed as “other” brands, dragged the group down, with sales falling by 15.8% to EUR3.2m in the quarter.
“Within the Champagne sector ... sales of premium brands performed particularly well both in France and for export,” the company said.
Last month, the group reported a narrowing of its first-half net losses, but no details on earnings were released today.
Looking ahead, the company said: "With regard to Champagne, the group believes that it is in a position to reach its sales objectives in all the European networks and in the rest of the world.
“The sales mix in the last quarter, which usually accounts for almost 50 % of annual business, will as always prove decisive.”
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future