FRANCE: Premium brands boost Vranken-Pommery Monopole Q3
The Champagne producer has seen good growth from its premium brands
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has reported a 5.6% rise in third-quarter group sales, helped by a strong performance from its premium Champagne brands.
Sales in the three months to the end of September increased to EUR3.5m (US$4.8m), the Reims-based group said today (23 October). Champagne sales in the period were up by 27% to EUR43.3m, while its Provence and Camargue wines saw a 16.6% increase in sales to EUR14.8m.
Sales outside of these categories, classed as “other” brands, dragged the group down, with sales falling by 15.8% to EUR3.2m in the quarter.
“Within the Champagne sector ... sales of premium brands performed particularly well both in France and for export,” the company said.
Last month, the group reported a narrowing of its first-half net losses, but no details on earnings were released today.
Looking ahead, the company said: "With regard to Champagne, the group believes that it is in a position to reach its sales objectives in all the European networks and in the rest of the world.
“The sales mix in the last quarter, which usually accounts for almost 50 % of annual business, will as always prove decisive.”
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research