FRANCE: Premium brands boost Vranken-Pommery Monopole Q3
The Champagne producer has seen good growth from its premium brands
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has reported a 5.6% rise in third-quarter group sales, helped by a strong performance from its premium Champagne brands.
Sales in the three months to the end of September increased to EUR3.5m (US$4.8m), the Reims-based group said today (23 October). Champagne sales in the period were up by 27% to EUR43.3m, while its Provence and Camargue wines saw a 16.6% increase in sales to EUR14.8m.
Sales outside of these categories, classed as “other” brands, dragged the group down, with sales falling by 15.8% to EUR3.2m in the quarter.
“Within the Champagne sector ... sales of premium brands performed particularly well both in France and for export,” the company said.
Last month, the group reported a narrowing of its first-half net losses, but no details on earnings were released today.
Looking ahead, the company said: "With regard to Champagne, the group believes that it is in a position to reach its sales objectives in all the European networks and in the rest of the world.
“The sales mix in the last quarter, which usually accounts for almost 50 % of annual business, will as always prove decisive.”
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends