US: Premier Beverage appoints Captive Brands president
Premier Beverage Group has appointed Raymond Montes as president of its newly-created US subsidiary, Captive Brands.
Montes, who has around 20 years of experience in grocery and mass merchandise retail, joins the US soft drinks firm with immediate effect, the firm said yesterday (18 January). He will oversee and execute Captive Brands' private-label strategy.
Montes moves to Premier Beverage from Allou Health and Beauty Care, where he held a lead sales position. "The addition of Raymond Montes gives us immediate credibility and relationships in the private brands industry," said Premier Beverage Group's president, Fouad Kallamni.
Premier Beverage Group announced the creation of Captive Brands earlier this month. The subsidiary offers solutions to retailers looking to sell premium functional beverages including energy drinks, energy shots and enhanced waters.
Captive brands sit between the private-label and branded segments in the off-trade. Typically, they have a strong upfront relationship with the retailer but receive more marketing support, and so gain better margins, than a traditional private-label product.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research