UK: Prebiotic water arrives in UK
The UK's first prebiotic water is about to hit the country's shelves.
New company Works With Water said today (8 August) that the 'eau so' healthy water range has been created to meet the needs of children, young men and women and the over fifties.
'Little Squirts' for children and 'Delicate Balance' for women offer a prebiotic benefit for the gut whilst 'Eau Man' and 'Water of Life' contain a soluble dietary fibre to encourage digestive regularity, the company said.
In addition, the range's 'Eau so Cool' for young adults includes a formulation clinically proven to optimise calcium absorption by almost 20%.
The drinks are preservative-free and available in four flavours. The waters are suitable for diabetics, celiacs and vegetarians and contain 10 calories in each 500ml bottle.
The range is available from Morrisons, Tesco and Waitrose supermarkets and costs from GBP0.59 (US$1.12) for 330ml - for the Little Squirts drink- and GBP0.79 for 500ml.
Works With Water was formed in March of this year.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends