GREECE: Pre-tax profit down by 11% at Athens Brewery
The Greek beer group, Athens Brewery, posted a consolidated pre-tax profit of €69.5m (US$63.5m) for 2001, down by 11.4% from 2000. Consolidated turnover, however, rose by 2.7% to €392.4m. Athens Brewery stated that it had invested some €113m between 1999 and 2001 in its bid to remain competitive in the international market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director