US: PowerBar unleashes new performance drink
Sports nutrition company PowerBar has rolled out a new sports beverage called PowerBar Performance Sports Drink for athletes in the UK.
The new powdered drink will have increased sodium levels for more effective re-hydration and vitamin-B to support the energy metabolism, the company said. It will be available in orange, berry and lemon flavours, at a retail price of GBP9.99 per 750ml PET container.
PowerBar is also revamping its ProteinPlus Recovery Drink, which retails at GBP11.99, to incorporate a new packaging and vanilla flavour.
The company said the Performance Sports Drink product results in faster energy delivery to working muscles, following research findings that when athletes consume a 2:1 mixture of glucose and fructose the maximum oxidation rate of ingested carbohydrates is 35 to 40% higher than from glucose alone.
Sectors: Soft drinks
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
In this month's just-drinks interview, Roger White, chief executive of the Scottish soft drinks producer AG Barr, spoke with Annette Farr about the company's iconic brand Irn-Bru, which has bucked the...
Danish brewer Royal Unibrew has upped its presence in the Caribbean with the US$15m acquisition of controlling stakes in three companies....
Jobs are under threat at Coca-Cola's operations in Sweden as the business restructures its distribution network in the Scandinavian country....
Australian soft drink producers will be celebrating the end of a levy on domestic sugar sales, after the Treasury announced it would be abolished from 1 December....
Reports from Australia are lining up potential suitors should Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean beverage business be sold, while CCA insists that no offers, formal or informal, have been received....
The use of PET bottles in the drinks industry looks set to continue expanding despite price increases for the packaging method....
Swiss packaging group SIG Holding is in talks with the world's major brewers over the use of a glass-and-plastic bottle technology that lengthens the shelf life for beer....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts