AUS: Possible Boag sale sees Lion Nathan, CCA lead pack - report
Lion Nathan and Coca-Cola Amatil appear to be the front runners should Australian brewer J Boag & Son go up for sale, according to local reports.
San Miguel Corp., which owns the Australian company, has said recently that it is reviewing its Australian assets. San Miguel has confirmed that it is in talks to sell a stake in Australia's National Foods Group, its biggest overseas business, to Japan's Kirin Holdings. The Japanese company holds a 46% stake in Lion Nathan.
Local reports have noted that J Boag would fit well with Lion Nathan, which is focusing more on "next generation" and "premium" beers and away from traditional "beer heartland" brands.
Meanwhile, CCA head Terry Davis said in a recent interview: "Of course we hear that James Boag is for sale and if that became available we and others would interested."
Davis added that the brewer would be a good fit for its alcoholic beverage portfolio, which is concentrating specifically on the premium beer market.
According to local media, Boag is estimated to be worth approximately A$340m (US$286.67m).
Coke's choice of Muhtar Kent as its next CEO ensures a smooth transition from Neville Isdell, and has gone down well with the company's bottling partners. But while the promotion of a chief operating ...
Lion Nathan has secured debt funding, with a weighted average maturity of over four years, to refinance existing debt facilities....
Coca-Cola Amatil has completed a A$170m (US$151.1m) share buy-back transaction....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing....
Kirin Holdings is teaming up with its trans-Tasman unit Lion Nathan to jointly purchase raw materials, in light of commodity cost increases....
Lion Nathan has completed its purchase of J Boag & Son....
Lion Nathan's purchase of Tasmanian brewer J. Boag & Son took a step nearer today (19 December), with the trans-Tasman drinks company gaining informal approval for the acquisition from competition aut...
The Coca-Cola Co. is not planning to find a replacement chief operating officer following last week's reshuffle announcement....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report