PORTUGAL: Portugal to benefit EC proposal
Proposals by the European Commission will allow Portugal to apply a lower rate of excise duty levied in two of its Atlantic island autonomous regions on locally produced and consumed spirits: rum and liqueurs in Madeira and liqueurs and Eaux-de-vie in the Azores. According to the EC the proposal is justified by the fact that the islands isolation hinders production methods, making locally produced drinks more costly than imported beverages.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- Bacardi buys Banks rum
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea