PORTUGAL: Portugal to benefit EC proposal
Proposals by the European Commission will allow Portugal to apply a lower rate of excise duty levied in two of its Atlantic island autonomous regions on locally produced and consumed spirits: rum and liqueurs in Madeira and liqueurs and Eaux-de-vie in the Azores. According to the EC the proposal is justified by the fact that the islands isolation hinders production methods, making locally produced drinks more costly than imported beverages.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down