UK: Portman Group seeking new recruits
Portman Group seeks new panel members
The UK drinks industry's self-regulatory body for marketing, The Portman Group, is seeking to recruit two new members to its Independent Complaints Panel.
A spokesperson for the body said yesterday (12 January) that the new recruits will replace two existing members of the panel, Nigel Long and Jon Eggleton, who have completed their terms of office. Terms generally last for up to three years, she added.
Portman said this week that it is seeking one panel member with drinks industry experience and another with experience of marketing or advertising. It is the first time that vacancies on the panel have been publicly advertised.
"I am seeking applications from people with expertise, objectivity and sound judgement," said Sir Richard Tilt, chairman of the panel, which reviews marketing and advertising of alcoholic drinks.
Companies: The Portman Group
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends