UK: Portman Group seeking new recruits
Portman Group seeks new panel members
The UK drinks industry's self-regulatory body for marketing, The Portman Group, is seeking to recruit two new members to its Independent Complaints Panel.
A spokesperson for the body said yesterday (12 January) that the new recruits will replace two existing members of the panel, Nigel Long and Jon Eggleton, who have completed their terms of office. Terms generally last for up to three years, she added.
Portman said this week that it is seeking one panel member with drinks industry experience and another with experience of marketing or advertising. It is the first time that vacancies on the panel have been publicly advertised.
"I am seeking applications from people with expertise, objectivity and sound judgement," said Sir Richard Tilt, chairman of the panel, which reviews marketing and advertising of alcoholic drinks.
Companies: The Portman Group
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL