UK: Portman Group secures Red Star Plus change
The Portman Group has told Intercontinental Brands to change the packaging for its Red Star Plus drink.
UK-based Intercontinental has agreed to abide by the ruling, set down by the drinks industry self-regulatory body's Independent Complaints Panel, the group said today (28 January).
Consumers would not immediately identify Red Star Plus as an alcoholic drink, said the Panel in its ruling.
David Poley, Portman's chief executive, said: "Producers must be mindful that their packaging does not cause consumers to buy alcohol when they actually want a soft drink."
Red Star Plus, described by Intercontinental as an alcoholic spirit mix with sparkling water, fruti flavours, sugar and sweeteners, has an alcohol content of 4% abv.
Sweden assumed the Presidency of the EU at the beginning of this month. With the country's history of control and high taxation of alcohol, the industry is expecting a tough six months. However, Ben C...
Following this week's news that Kirin Holdings and Suntory are in merger talks, just-drinks has compiled five essential facts on the Japanese beer market....
The Chinese soft drinks sector has been showing consistent growth for a number of years, fuelled by broadening consumer tastes. Ray Rowlands of beverage research company Canadean takes a look at a lar...
As drinks companies look desperately for the elusive 'green shoots' of economic recovery, Spiros Malandrakis of Euromonitor International examines the varying impact the downturn has had across region...
Estonia-based spirits company AS Liviko has increased its sales and market share in the Estonian alcohol market, boosted by successful imports....
Kilchoman Distillery has lined up the launch of its inaugural single malt Scotch whisky for later this year....
California beer and wine distributor Terrell Wines is to begin distributing Argentinean BarbaRoja's Barrel-Aged Red Ale into the San Francisco and Los Angeles markets....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the appointment of a new head for its operations in Switzerland....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review