UK: Portman Group on hunt for complaints panel chairperson
The Portman is looking for a new chairperson for its independent complaints panel
The Portman Group is looking for a new chairperson for its complaints panel, which rules on irresponsible alcohol marketing in the UK.
Sir Richard Tilt, current chairman of the Independent Complaints Panel, will step down in December after six years in the post, the responsible drinking body said yesterday (25 June). The chairperson oversees a panel of eight who rule on whether the name, packaging or promotion of an alcoholic drink is in breach of the Portman Group's code of practice.
Complaints are raised by members of the public or "other interested parties".
“This role is fundamental to the effective and respected operation of the self-regulatory system that governs the responsible alcohol marketing in the UK," said Henry Ashworth, chief executive of the Portman Group.
The post is being advertised nationally and closes on 16 July. Candidates must be independent from the drinks industry, and an honorarium of GBP12,000 (US$18,714) per annum is payable, the group said.
While the opening day of the ICAP 'Global Actions: Initiatives to Reduce Harmful Drinking' conference focused on many of the industry-led programmes initiated since 2010 when the WHO 'Global Strategy ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future