UK: Portman Group calls on consumer to complain at Christmas
The Portman Group has launched a nationwide campaign, encouraging the UK consumer to complain about drinks marketing that he or she deems irresponsible in the run-up to Christmas.
A series of adverts will run in the national press across the UK over the next two weeks, which will play on the themes of complaining at Christmas, the trade body said today (1 December). Direct mail will also be used to target the types of professionals likely to come across irresponsible marketing through their work, such as trading standards and police licensing officers.
"The ... effectiveness (of the Portman Group's Code of Practice on the Naming, Packaging and Promotion of Alcoholic Drinks) was recognised recently by KPMG in its review of industry standards and the Code was named among the International Harm Reduction Association's 50 leading global initiatives," said the group's chief executive, David Poley.
"We want to be certain that all producers are meeting the Code's high standards. Consumers can help us achieve our goal by complaining about any irresponsible marketing that has crept under our radar."
Scottish microbrewer BrewDog has emerged unscathed from a lengthy battle with the drinks industry's self-regulatory body to buck bad times for the UK beer market....
Legislation being proposed by the Scottish government would, if passed, represent some of the strictest alcohol regulation in the EU, so it's no surprise that it has provoked widespread reaction. just...
The Portman Group has ruled in favour of a brewer following a complaint from a member of the public in the UK....
A UK-based drinks company has been slammed by the Portman Group for breaching the group's code of practice in the country....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research