UK: Portman Group appoints external chairman
The UK's leading drinks manufacturers have appointed Seymour Fortescue as the first non-industry chairman of self-regulatory body the Portman Group.
The new position is designed to provide independent leadership on marketing and social responsibility standards for drinks producers, said Portman today (14 August).
Previous chairs have been appointed from among the senior drinks executives, who make up the Portman Group's Council.
Mark Hunter, the current Portman chairman and CEO of Molson Coors UK, will be stepping down.
Fortescue has held several senior positions in marketing, regulation and health promotion across the private, voluntary and public sectors.
Fortescue, said: "The Portman Group is already a highly respected alcohol regulator and is a key player in addressing the adverse aspects of our drinking culture. I firmly believe that self-regulation based on a tough code of practice that is rigorously monitored and enforced is the right way forward."
Molson Coors Brewing Company, the Canada-based brewer, has declared a regular quarterly dividend of US$0.24 per share....
The UK government has confirmed that it will maintain a ban on the placement of branded alcohol and soft drinks high in sugar in television programmes....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts