UK: Poor weather slows AG Barr sales in year so far
AG Barr has seen its sales slow during the summer, thanks to the poor weather in the UK.
The soft drinks group, which in October signed a five-year deal to sell the Rockstar energy drinks brand in the UK, said today (7 December) that sales in the year so far have increased by 5% on the corresponding period in 2006. In the 13 weeks to the end of October, however, sales slid by 1% year-on-year, with the company highlighting the unseasonable weather in the summer as a reason for the dip.
While operating margins remained in line with expectations, the company warned that raw material prices - especially glass, aluminium and plastic - are expected to rise well into next year.
"Several new products have been launched in the period including the new St Clements Juice and Smoothies range which have gained strong initial listings," Barr said. "Good progress was made in the period towards our launch date for the Rockstar Energy brand, which successfully took place in late November."
Looking forward, Barr said trading in the year so far has been in line with expectations. "We believe our plan to blend increased advertising, strong in-store execution and a competitive price proposition should ensure we can effectively compete across this key trading period," the company concluded.
Leading Brands has posted a slip in sales and a rise in net losses for its latest fiscal year....
Boo Koo Holdings has secured distribution in the southern US with Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated for its BooKoo Burner+ soft drink....
AG Barr said today (19 May) that the company has started the year well with revenue in the first 15 weeks ahead of the corresponding period last year....
Danone has denied reports it is to scrap its V energy drink after reports this week that the beverage and food giant was axing it as a result of the product's flagging performance....
Danone is said to be axing its V energy drink as result of the product's flagging performance, Marketing Week reported....
Guru, the energy drinks maker, has added two flavours to its line, in new 335ml cans....
Hansen Natural Corporation has announced record sales and profits for the first quarter, thanks largely to its Monster Energy and Java Monster soft drinks brands....
Energy drinks company Boo Koo Holdings has announced a net loss of US$2.5m for the first quarter of 2008 - $1.3m higher than the same period last year....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014