POLAND: Polmos Lublin cheers soaring start to 2007
Polmos Lublin has posted a very strong start to 2007.
The Polish vodka company, which owns and produces Zubr vodka, said yesterday (16 May) that net profit in the first three months of this year leapt by 120% year-on-year, hitting PLN4.33m (US$1.6m).
Consolidated sales also performed well, Lublin said, coming in at PLN175.1m, up from PLN117.11m in the corresponding period a year earlier.
No one was immediately available to comment on the figures when contacted by just-drinks today.
On the back of a raft of acquisitions, Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has grown to become a major force in both the Polish and Hungarian spirits markets. Bill Carey, the company's ch...
Belvedere has posted a healthy lift in sales for the first nine months of this year, as Polish reports have claimed the company has acquired a local alcohol distributor....
Halewood International has unveiled two additions to its Red Square Vodka portfolio in the UK....
Pinky, the pink Swedish vodka brand, is to be distributed in the UK by Whyte & Mackay following the acquisition of the brand by Whyte & Mackay's parent company UB Group....
Vodka brand Svedka has launched an interactive website campaign designed to appeal to young and media-savvy consumers....
Polish spirits producer Polmos Bialystok has announced that Zubrowka Bison Grass Flavored Vodka is making its US debut in the Chicago and the New York metropolitan areas....
A drinks trade body in Ukraine has proposed a minimum price for vodka in the country, according to local reports....
UK crisps maker Tyrrells Potato Chips is planning to produce vodka made from potatoes and apples at its site in Herefordshire....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends