SWEDEN: Poll shows disatisfaction at high prices
The majority of Swedes are unhappy with the high price of alcohol in their country according to a study released today. The study, run by polling institute Sifo, shows 62% want Sweden to follow Denmark in cutting alcohol taxes. Denmark cut its taxes in October this year, resulting in many Swedes crossing the border to buy alcohol.
In the poll of 1,000 people in mid-December, 27% said taxes should remain unchanged, with 7% wanting them raised.
In a similar poll in October, only 48% wanted to lower alcohol taxes. Analysts believe that the rise in people wanting taxes cut has been influenced by Denmark's decision to do so in October.
In Sweden, a bottle of Bacardi costs 239 kroner (US$32.83) compared to 100 kroner ($16.77) in Denmark.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
The chairman and chief executive of Bacardi International Ltd. is to retire, according to press reports....
Bacardi Limited and The Glenmorangie Company have said their UK and European distribution agreements will come to an end on 30th June 2005. Moet Hennessy, which acquired The Glenmorangie Company at th...
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Brown-Forman Beverages has replaced Bacardi as its spirits distributor in Canada....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages