US: Politicians call for tough controls on TV spirits advertising
The Senate Commerce Committee chairman, Ernest Hollings, has asked his staff to look into the possibility of tougher controls on TV liquor advertising. One of the proposals to be considered is that TV advertising should carry the same health warnings which currently appear on beer, wine and spirits bottles. Hollings and Rep. Frank Wolf are known to want the committee to hold hearings on the TV alcohol advertising issue.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions