VENEZUELA: Polar forecasts drop in sales
Polar's director, Hernan Perez, said the economic crisis in Venezuela had impacted on beer sales. "The domestic beer market is forecast to contract by about 20% this year," Perez said. "In the case of Cerveceria Polar sales, we estimate that contraction will be slightly less than the market at around 15% to 20%."
Polar, which is privately owned, controls around 75% of the Venezuelan beer market, making it one of the top five brewers in Latin America. Its principal brands are Polar, Solera, Polar Ice, Polar Light and Vox.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World