JAPAN: Pokka close to successful MBO
Pokka Corp is another step closer to a successful management buy out.
The Japanese soft drink producer said today that an investment fund had bought the required percentage of shares in a tender-offer bid for Pokka's management team to take control of the company.
The investment fund, Advantage Partners Inc, agreed to buy the shares Tuesday at Y690 each. It has built up a 95.64% share of Pokka's voting rights for Y23.56m.
The share purchase was part of the management buyout by Pokka's management, which should see the soft drink producer de-list later this year.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)