CZECH REP: Plzensky Prazdroj profits up as exports improve
The SABMiller subsidiary Plzensky Prazdroj saw a 2.6% rise in net profit last year, on the back of a 6.4% rise in revenues, it was reported today.
Local press reported that the CEO of the Czech brewer Mike Short said net profit reached Kc3.46bn for the year ended 31 March 2007. Sales reached Kc14.42bn.
Speaking to journalists, Short explained that profit was up, in part, on the back of better exports.
The beer company sold 10.89m hectolitres of beer, in the period, up 4% year-on-year.
Prazdroj is looking to invest Kc15bn over the next decade, reporters were told. In the last fiscal year, the company invested over Kc3.5bn. This year's investment, would be similar Short said.
Scottish & Newcastle has declined to comment on speculation suggesting it will sell its Kronenbourg lager brand....
SABMiller has given further details about its intended investment in India going forward....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
SABMiller and Molson Coors have been hit with an anti-trust request for its joint venture in the US....
SABMiller has declined to comment on speculation suggesting the brewer is out of the Scottish & Newcastle frame, following its plans to acquire Grolsch....
Grolsch has hailed today's (19 November) move by SABMiller to acquire the Dutch brewer as "ideal"....
China Resources Enterprise has reported a healthy lift in group net profit for its third quarter....
SABMiller has reached a "conditional agreement" with Grolsch to make an offer for the acquisition for the company....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- just the Answer: Funkin's CEO, Andrew King
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head