UK: Plymouth Gin begins first consumer ad push
Plymouth Gin is set to begin its first consumer advertising campaign in the UK.
The brand - distributed in the country by Maxxium UK - will spend over GBP2m (US$3.78m) on the campaign, which will be part of a wider summer marketing push designed to focus on the smoothness of the gin's taste.
The press advertising consists of five adverts showing a pour of Plymouth Gin avoiding sharp objects including a crocodile, a porcupine, a shark's fin, a crab and a Venus flytrap. The strap line states, 'Nothing comes close to the smoothness of Plymouth Gin.'
The first series of advertisements will appear across special interest and lifestyle publications such as Good Housekeeping and Homes and Gardens as well as national press supplements, and key online national press websites throughout August and September.
The activity will continue through to Christmas and will target London commuters through an extensive outdoor campaign.
"We are confident that this campaign will not only reiterate the unmistakable quality of Plymouth Gin, but will also generate fresh interest in the brand."said Sophie Rietz-Elvefors, brand director for Plymouth Gin, today (14 August).
A trade advertising campaign was launched in June targeting key trade and wholesale publications.
In our first Just the Answer interview of 2007, Dean Best spoke with Nick Blacknell, brand director for Beefeater at Pernod Ricard subsidiary Chivas Brothers, about the company's ambitious re-launch o...
In her first monthly column for just-drinks, renowned spirits journalist Patience Gould looks ahead to what 2007 has in store for the major international spirits producers....
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Chivas Brothers has finally unveiled its plans for Beefeater Gin....
Pernod Ricard has upped its forecast on annual sales growth after posting a healthy set of half-year figures today (25 January). The French drinks giant, owner of brands including Chivas Regal Scotch ...
Pernod Ricard USA has lined up a flavour addition to its Seagram's Gin & Juice line....
Maxxium UK has appointed a new brand ambassador for Rémy Martin Fine Champagne Cognac....
Diageo has remained tight-lipped on continued speculation that it may pull out of its joint venture with LVMH....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends