UK: PLB launches Spanish cider brand in off-trade
The Spanish cider brand El Gaitero is to launch in the UK off-trade.
Imported by PLN and previously only available in the on-trade, El Gaitero premium cider (5.5% ABV) will launch in Waitrose in March with an RRP of £1.19 per 330ml bottle.
El Gaitero is made in the Asturian region of Northern Spain. The company behind the brand, Valle Balina y Fernandez, is Spain's largest cider producer.
"There is still room for the cider category to grow in the off-trade," said brand manager Martin Howe.
"It's great timing, as consumers who have been introduced to the drink in the boom of the last few years may now be looking for something a little more specialist."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future