UK: PLB Group to distribute Delaforce Port in UK
Wine, beer and spirits merchant PLB Group has signed an agreement to import Delaforce Port in the UK.
Delaforce, which was bought last year by The Royal Oporto Group from the Fladgate Port Partnership for an undisclosed fee, will be imported to the UK by PLB with immediate effect, the company said yesterday (9 February)
The Royal Oporto Group has revamped the Delaforce brand, which was established by George Henry Delaforce in 1868, to "better emphasise its heritage and premium credentials".
"Our job will be to communicate its heritage and excellence to the trade in order to take the brand to a leading position in the specialist sector," said PLB brand manager, Adam Wyartt.
PLB will target the brand at the on-trade and independent retailers.
The Delaforce core range includes 'His Eminence's Choice' 10-year-old Tawny, priced at GBP15.99 (US$24), and 'Curious & Ancient' 20-year-old Tawny, priced at GBP25.99.
Global Port exports fell by 5% in volume last year, George Sandeman, vice president of the Port Institute (IVDP), told just-drinks in January.
There are circumstances when tradition and heritage are to be cherished and there are others when both can hang like dead weights around your neck....
Aldaris has launched a rebrand of the Zelta beer brand in its domestic market....
The European Commission will spend an extra EUR2.9m to promote Italian and Portuguese wines within the EU....
Scotland's government will hold talks with trade unions, councillors and politicians from opposition parties to discuss ways of persuading Diageo not to cut more than 10% of its whisky workforce in th...
Danone Waters is to open a distribution centre at the northwest German Port of Duisburg to handle its Volvic and Evian brands....
Diageo is facing a trade union revolt over its plan to cut more than 10% of its workforce in Scotland, while the country's Government has pleaded with the company to rethink its proposal....
Scotland's first minister, Alex Salmond, was due to meet with Diageo's senior management today (2 July) after the drinks giant announced plans to shed more than 10% of its workforce in the country....
Diageo is to cut more than 10% of its workforce in Scotland as part of a restructuring of its operations in the country....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends