UK: PLB expands marketing team
PLB Group has expanded its marketing department with the appointment of two brand managers in the UK.
Adam Wyartt has been recruited to supervise the company's Italian, Iberian and US portfolios while Paul Shelton has been promoted internally to look after brands and agencies from South Africa, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.
Wyartt joins PLB from Francoli Distillers where he held the Piedmont-based position of export manager for two years, the company said yesterday (15 July). Prior to this he worked as marketing & sales director at the on-trade focused Class Magazine and as brand development manager at InSpirit Brands.
Shelton has been at PLB since 2002, where he has held a variety of marketing-based roles and worked across the company's multiple grocer accounts.
"Creating these brand manager positions was the next logical step in the on-going development of our marketing function," said PLB's managing director Peter Darbyshire.
Last month PLB beefed up its beer division with the creation of two new positions. Mark Johnson, formerly off-trade controller at Young's Brewery, was appointed as beer division director, and Martin Howe, previously senior national account manager at Wells and Young's and Greene King was appointed senior national account manager and brand manager for Palma Louca.
UK pub chain JD Wetherspoon has come under fire from industry rivals following its decision to offer a GBP0.99 (US$1.44) pint....
UK brewer Greene King has said it is "concerned" by pub chain JD Wetherspoon's decision to offer its beer at GBP0.99 per pint....
UK pub chain JD Wetherspoon is cutting the price of a pint of beer to GBP0.99 (US$1.44) as part of new discounts for 2009....
Government ministers are to hold a series of meetings with leaders from the UK beer and pub industry, as closures mount and sales head south....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US