UK: PLB expands marketing team
PLB Group has expanded its marketing department with the appointment of two brand managers in the UK.
Adam Wyartt has been recruited to supervise the company's Italian, Iberian and US portfolios while Paul Shelton has been promoted internally to look after brands and agencies from South Africa, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.
Wyartt joins PLB from Francoli Distillers where he held the Piedmont-based position of export manager for two years, the company said yesterday (15 July). Prior to this he worked as marketing & sales director at the on-trade focused Class Magazine and as brand development manager at InSpirit Brands.
Shelton has been at PLB since 2002, where he has held a variety of marketing-based roles and worked across the company's multiple grocer accounts.
"Creating these brand manager positions was the next logical step in the on-going development of our marketing function," said PLB's managing director Peter Darbyshire.
Last month PLB beefed up its beer division with the creation of two new positions. Mark Johnson, formerly off-trade controller at Young's Brewery, was appointed as beer division director, and Martin Howe, previously senior national account manager at Wells and Young's and Greene King was appointed senior national account manager and brand manager for Palma Louca.
UK pub chain JD Wetherspoon has come under fire from industry rivals following its decision to offer a GBP0.99 (US$1.44) pint....
UK brewer Greene King has said it is "concerned" by pub chain JD Wetherspoon's decision to offer its beer at GBP0.99 per pint....
UK pub chain JD Wetherspoon is cutting the price of a pint of beer to GBP0.99 (US$1.44) as part of new discounts for 2009....
Government ministers are to hold a series of meetings with leaders from the UK beer and pub industry, as closures mount and sales head south....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future