UK: PLB appoints marketing manager
PLB Wines has announced the appointment of Amanda Walker to the position of marketing manager, the company said in a statement today (15 May).
A marketeer with six years' experience in the FMCG sector, Walker will replace Claire Summersby who left the company earlier this year.
Walker joins PLB from Reckitt Benckiser where she held a variety of roles including brand manager for the entire household brands portfolio in Ireland.
"We are delighted that Amanda is joining the team and feel very strongly that her wealth of experience in the FMCG arena will prove invaluable," said managing director Peter Darbyshire. "This is a perfect opportunity to combine her interest in wine with our intention to become more marketing focused."
Walker entered the world of marketing in 2000 after leaving a career in teaching to join Boots' marketing graduate training scheme, becoming brand manager for Shapers in 2003.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends