UK: Plans for Shetland distillery made public
Plans have been lodged to open a new “boutique” single malt whisky distillery on the Shetland Isles.
Industry veteran Stuart Nickerson has lodged a planning application with Shetland Islands Council to convert a former RAF site in Saxa Vord, Unst, into a distillery and maturation warehouse. The application, lodged late last month, is under the name The Shetland Distillery Company.
Nickerson, the former MD of Glenglassaugh Distillery Company, said on Twitter: “Still at (the) early stages but we hope to have a distillery on Unst.”
If the plans are approved, it will become Scotland's most northerly distillery. A decision on the application is due by 11 November.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages