UK: Plans for Shetland distillery made public
Plans have been lodged to open a new “boutique” single malt whisky distillery on the Shetland Isles.
Industry veteran Stuart Nickerson has lodged a planning application with Shetland Islands Council to convert a former RAF site in Saxa Vord, Unst, into a distillery and maturation warehouse. The application, lodged late last month, is under the name The Shetland Distillery Company.
Nickerson, the former MD of Glenglassaugh Distillery Company, said on Twitter: “Still at (the) early stages but we hope to have a distillery on Unst.”
If the plans are approved, it will become Scotland's most northerly distillery. A decision on the application is due by 11 November.
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Bacardi announces CFO switch