UK: Plans for Shetland distillery made public
Plans have been lodged to open a new “boutique” single malt whisky distillery on the Shetland Isles.
Industry veteran Stuart Nickerson has lodged a planning application with Shetland Islands Council to convert a former RAF site in Saxa Vord, Unst, into a distillery and maturation warehouse. The application, lodged late last month, is under the name The Shetland Distillery Company.
Nickerson, the former MD of Glenglassaugh Distillery Company, said on Twitter: “Still at (the) early stages but we hope to have a distillery on Unst.”
If the plans are approved, it will become Scotland's most northerly distillery. A decision on the application is due by 11 November.
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea
- Bacardi buys Banks rum