USA: Deeper Trouble For Coca-Cola: Plaintiffs Bring In Attorney Willie Gary To Fight In Discrimination Case
Famed and internationally recognized trial attorney, Willie Gary of Stuart, Florida, and his team of trial lawyers have been retained by four of the eight originally named plaintiffs in the multimillion dollar lawsuit against The Coca Cola Company (NYSE: KO). Said Gary, "The allegations of discrimination and bias are of astounding proportions and are among the most severe ever seen in corporate America. My clients have suffered grave injustices just for being hardworking, diligent and good citizens who happen to be African-American. It's just not right and Coca-Cola is going to have to answer to the people of this community."One of the original plaintiffs, Gregory Allen Clark who has now hired Willie Gary said, "...we felt the need to have at least one African-American lawyer on the team that's representing approximately 2,000 African-American workers."Willie Gary is most noted for his half billion dollar verdict in Jackson, Mississippi against the Lowen Group, a Canadian funeral home chain. It was one of the largest verdicts in the nation's history on behalf of an individual plaintiff.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends