CHILE: Pisco Capel faces bankruptcy
Cooperativa Pisco Capel, Chile's largest producer of the national spirit pisco, is facing bankruptcy unless the government decides to intervene to save the company. The company blames its plight on overproduction of pisco grapes and falling demand for the spirit. The previous board of directors also invested heavily in an olive-oil business that failed to deliver profits.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory