CHILE: Pisco Capel faces bankruptcy
Cooperativa Pisco Capel, Chile's largest producer of the national spirit pisco, is facing bankruptcy unless the government decides to intervene to save the company. The company blames its plight on overproduction of pisco grapes and falling demand for the spirit. The previous board of directors also invested heavily in an olive-oil business that failed to deliver profits.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO