UK: Piper-Heidsieck gets Magners treatment
Maxxium UK has lined up an innovative approach to the Piper-Heidsieck Champagne brand in the UK.
The Rémy Cointreau brand, represented in the UK by Maxxium, will be offered in the country as Piper-Heidsieck Piscine, and will contain ice cubes. The move to include ice cubes in a serving has revitalised the cider category in the UK in the last two years, thanks to C&C marketing its Magners brand over ice.
In partnership with Matthew Clark, Maxxium UK will be offering limited edition, red Piper-Heidsieck Piscine stemmed glasses, as well as red Champagne ice coolers and ice buckets. The new glasses are can hold four or five ice cubes and a regular measure of Champagne.
"This exciting new way of enjoying Piper-Heidsieck Champagne over ice is an impressively simple serve and adds a new dimension of luxurious indulgence," said Lindsay Brown, marketing manager for Piper-Heidsieck Champagne at Maxxium UK. "Our marketing campaign will target a wide range of consumers at high profile events this Summer."
Speaking to just-drinks today (23 April), Gordon Muir, marketing manager for luxury brands at Maxxium UK, said: "The aim is to extend the usage of Piper-Heidsieck in the UK to more informal occasions.
"The Champagne category in the UK is buoyant and is still growing," Muir noted.
The new marketing move will be applied to "trendy nightclubs and smart style bars", he concluded.
Rémy Cointreau has posted a healthy lift in first-half sales, driven by growth in Asia and Europe....
Maxxium has added Cruzan Single Barrel Estate Rum to its portfolio and will distribute the brand across the UK market for the first time....
Private equity firm EQT has voiced its desire to buy Vin & Sprit from the Swedish government, according to reports....
The Swedish government is keen to progress with its privatisation of state-owned Vin & Sprit, despite the resignation of two key officials in the process earlier this week....
Vin & Sprit has updated the look of the bottle for its Plymouth Gin Navy Strength brand in the UK....
The Edrington Group has lined up a limited edition version of The Famous Grouse for the UK off-trade....
Rémy Cointreau has confirmed that it is looking for new deals in readiness for its exit from Maxxium....
Vin & Sprit has declined to comment on claims that it may have to pay up to SEK6bn (US$893m) to extract itself from two distribution agreements, should it be sold by the Swedish government....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets