SOUTH AFRICA: Pioneer acquires most of Ceres
The Competition authorities have given Pioneer Foods the green light to acquire a majority share of premier fruit juice company Ceres.
Pioneer, which bought a 37.5% share four years ago, now has a 75% share. It cost the company R146 million (US$23m) according to MD, Andre Hanekom. The remaining 25% of the shares belong to KWV, which acquired them in the mid-1990s, and declined an offer to sell.
Previously Ceres concentrated on long-life fruit juices, but recently launched a range of Ceres sparkling fruit juices, which Hanekom says is meeting sales expectations at this early stage.
He said this was part of Pioneer's ambition to grow Ceres, which he said had definite potential, but would retain its structure following the share acquisition.
PepsiCo is about to relaunch in South Africa, a market where Coca-Cola has had things entirely its own way for many years. Arnold Kirkby looks at PepsiCo's plans and assesses the impact the company's ...
There's nothing else like it in the just-drinks calendar. Three days, one venue and almost all our contacts, clients and collaborators under one roof. This year's London International Wine & Spirit Fa...
The flavouring scandal that rocked KWV at the end of last year has been the trigger for an upheaval in the way the South African leader will approach winemaking in the future. Chris Brook-Carter spoke...
KWV is launching a new logo and packaging for its KWV Classics range....
South African wine group KWV has appointed a senior winemaker....
Golden Kaan is to launch in the UK....
KWV has revamped its entry level brand in the UK Pearly Bay with a new label and outer packaging....
KWV International has launched the second phase of its assault on the South African market with the introduction of its KWV 3-year-old brandy and Cathedral Cellar and KWV Classic ranges as it expands ...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research