US: Pink Spirits appoints manager
The Pink Spirits Co. has hired a manager for the south eastern region of the US to meet its "growing demand and expanding distribution".
The caffeine and guarana-infused spirits company said today (7 April) that Sam DiNardo will take on the role, bringing 28 years of sales and marketing experience in the beverage alcohol industry. DiNardo has formerly worked for Dos Lunas Tequila, Barton Brands, Brown Forman, Todhunter Imports, and Seagrams, the company said.
Pink Spirits president and CEO David Mandell added: "Demand for Pink vodka is growing at a tremendous pace. We're continuing to build a team as exceptional as the brand itself."
Pink Spirits was founded in 2006 with the launch of the caffeine- and guarana-infused Pink vodka. The brand is currently distributed in 36 US states, with the company planning to expand to 41 markets by first quarter 2008 and expecting to have the vodka available in all 50 states by the end of this year.
The company recently announced the launch of the world's first ultra-premium, imported rum, Tequila, gin, sake and white whiskey all of which are infused like Pink vodka with flavourless caffeine and guarana. Pink vodka retails at US$39.99 for a 750 ml bottle, while the new line of products retails between $30-$45.
The Olympic Games in China, which took place earlier this summer, is expected to have a "profound effect" on spirits companies in the country, according to recent research....
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers presents definite opportunities for the dark beer category, writes Catherine Mars of Euromonitor International....
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
Powers to raise the legal age for buying alcohol in shops in Scotland may be handed to local authorities, in order to side-step opposition in Parliament, insiders believe....
Global Brands has announced a change of leadership as part of a wider restructure of its management team....
MPs for Scotland's ruling national party have found themselves isolated in the country's Parliament, over plans to raise the legal age for buying alcohol in shops to 21....
Fortune Brands has completed its deal to buy Cruzan rum from Pernod Ricard, as the French wine and spirits giant officially exits the Maxxium venture....
Supplies of flavoured malt beverages to Utah may cease, following new state laws restricting access to the drinks, Diageo and other drinks firms have said....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends