CANADA: Phusion Projects takes Four Loko north
Phusion Projects has launched Four Loko in Canada
Phusion Projects has launched three Four Loko flavours in Canada as the company expands beyond its domestic US market.
Fruit Punch, Watermelon and Lemonade hit the shelves in 400 Ontario and Alberta liquor stores in mid-May, Phusion said yesterday (23 May). "There has been a strong demand from Canadian Four Loko fans to bring our products to the Great White North,” said Phusion's international development VP Steve de Luca.
“As part of our launch into Canada, we are introducing our three most popular flavours, which ... we think Canadians will appreciate.”
Four Loko's fruit-flavoured, alcoholic malt drinks have an abv of 12% and are available in the US in a range of flavours, including Coco Loko and Peach.
The drink fell foul of the US Federal Trade Commission in October for falsely claiming on its packaging that a 23.5oz serving only contained alcohol equal to one or two regular 12oz beers. The company agreed to overhaul the labelling.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research