CANADA: Phusion Projects takes Four Loko north
Phusion Projects has launched Four Loko in Canada
Phusion Projects has launched three Four Loko flavours in Canada as the company expands beyond its domestic US market.
Fruit Punch, Watermelon and Lemonade hit the shelves in 400 Ontario and Alberta liquor stores in mid-May, Phusion said yesterday (23 May). "There has been a strong demand from Canadian Four Loko fans to bring our products to the Great White North,” said Phusion's international development VP Steve de Luca.
“As part of our launch into Canada, we are introducing our three most popular flavours, which ... we think Canadians will appreciate.”
Four Loko's fruit-flavoured, alcoholic malt drinks have an abv of 12% and are available in the US in a range of flavours, including Coco Loko and Peach.
The drink fell foul of the US Federal Trade Commission in October for falsely claiming on its packaging that a 23.5oz serving only contained alcohol equal to one or two regular 12oz beers. The company agreed to overhaul the labelling.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China