CANADA: Phusion Projects takes Four Loko north
Phusion Projects has launched Four Loko in Canada
Phusion Projects has launched three Four Loko flavours in Canada as the company expands beyond its domestic US market.
Fruit Punch, Watermelon and Lemonade hit the shelves in 400 Ontario and Alberta liquor stores in mid-May, Phusion said yesterday (23 May). "There has been a strong demand from Canadian Four Loko fans to bring our products to the Great White North,” said Phusion's international development VP Steve de Luca.
“As part of our launch into Canada, we are introducing our three most popular flavours, which ... we think Canadians will appreciate.”
Four Loko's fruit-flavoured, alcoholic malt drinks have an abv of 12% and are available in the US in a range of flavours, including Coco Loko and Peach.
The drink fell foul of the US Federal Trade Commission in October for falsely claiming on its packaging that a 23.5oz serving only contained alcohol equal to one or two regular 12oz beers. The company agreed to overhaul the labelling.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India