Product Launch - US: Phusion Projects' Four Loko Blue Hurricane
Click through to view an image of the product
Phusion Projects' Four Loko Blue Hurricane
Category - FMB, 12% abv
Available - Limited release from next month, then full roll out in March
Location - US, off-trade, nation-wide
Price - Between US$2.49 and $2.99 per 23.5oze can, depending on state
Distribution - Through Phusion's normal distribution network, using various distributors
Phusion Projects is adding a new cocktail-flavoured variant to its Four Loko range.
Blue Hurricance Four Loko, with an abv of 12%, will replace the range's Coco Loko variant, the company said yesterday (21 January). The flavoured malt beverage, which will start rolling out in the US off-trade nationally from next month, contains a “cyclone of tropical flavours”, Phusion Projects said.
The new variant will be sold for US$2.49-$2.99 for a 23.5oz can, depending on the state.
Four Loko is available in nine different flavours, including Black Cherry, Grape and Peach, launched last July.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends