US: Phusion Projects extends Island Squeeze portfolio with "light" line
Phusion said there is demand for lower-calorie drinks
Phusion Projects has added lower-calorie options to its frozen tropical drink line Island Squeeze in the US.
The four “light” flavours are a result of research that shows 60% of women count calories when choosing an alcoholic drink, Phusion said yesterday (30 April), citing Penn Schoen Berland statistics. The range “provides consumers with additional options to enjoy the cocktails they crave”, Phusion co-founder Chris Hunter said.
Strawberry Daiquiri Light, Margarita Light, Blue Hawaiian Light and Mango Peach Light are 6% abv and have an SRP of U$1.99 per ten-ounce pouch.
Phusion has also launched two dessert flavours, Dreamsicle and Key Lime, to the Island Squeeze line, which was launched last year.
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends