US: Phusion Projects creates marketing post to oversee burgeoning brands
- Kristina Kiernan takes on new role
- Brand director post created as Phusion portfolio grows and sales regions expands
- Kiernan previously worked for Diageo
Phusion Projects is expanding sales regions
Four Loko-owner Phusion Projects has installed its first director of brand marketing as it ramps up expansion of the malt beverage and other brands in its portfolio.
Kristina Kiernan takes on the newly-created role a month after the company entered the Canada market, marking the first time it has ventured out of its US base.
In 2010, Phusion Projects removed caffeine from the Four Loco range following concerns in the US over its health risks.
Phusion Projects Names Kiernan Director of Brand Marketing
CHICAGO, IL – June 13, 2012
In a move to improve marketing efficiency, Phusion Projects, LLC has hired Kristina Kiernan to serve as its director of brand marketing. Kiernan will be responsible for overseeing the traditional and non-traditional marketing strategy for all of the company’s brands including Four Loko, Poco Loko, Island Squeeze, Moskato Life and Earthquake.
Kiernan, who has eight years of experience in the adult beverage industry, has held marketing positions with William Grant & Sons and Diageo (Diageo North America, Diageo Guinness USA and Three Deep). Previous to her time in the beverage industry, she worked in the music industry at Muzak.
“Phusion is in the middle of a growth stage, so bringing aboard someone like Kristina is critical to the long-term success of our brand portfolio,” said Chris Hunter, Phusion co-founder and managing partner. “Her marketing expertise is a perfect fit for our company, as is her ability to promote multiple brands.”
Kiernan received her MBA in International Management from Thunderbird – School of Global Management and a BA in communications from San Diego State University.
Original source: Phusion Projects
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018