USA: Philippe Roederer named Vice President Marketing and Development For Newly Formed U.S. Subsidiary of Champagne Mumm and Perrier-Jouet
Champagne G.H. Mumm and Perrier-Jouet are pleased to announce that Philippe Roederer has been hired as Vice President of Marketing and Development in the United States and Canada. As such he will be responsible for the creation of the new brand management office headquartered in New York, and will manage all sales, marketing and public relations activities of Champagne Mumm and Perrier-Jouet in North America. Roederer was most recently Eastern Sales Director with Clicquot, Inc. Philippe Roederer benefits from a bi-continental upbringing, spending his youth both in France and the United States. The Roederer family has its roots in the Lorraine region of northeastern France, just outside of Champagne, where Philippe cultivated an early interest in the world of food and wine. After graduating high school in France, Roederer moved to the United States and attended Connecticut College. He moved to New York City in 1986 and joined Clicquot, Inc. in 1991. During his nine years at Clicquot, Inc., Roederer helped re-introduce the Champagne house to the American consumer, where sales of Veuve Clicquot grew to 240,000 cases in 1999, making it the No. 2 Champagne brand in the U.S. "With nearly 400 years of combined history, Champagne Mumm and Perrier-Jouet are two of the most respected Champagnes around the world and have built a loyal following," said Roederer. "In my opinion, under the control of its new cellar master, Dominique Demarville, Mumm's quality ranks very high, and Perrier-Jouet has consistently remained at the top in quality and visibility." In addition to brand development, Roederer will act as the key contact and liaison between the parent company, Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst, and Seagram Chateau and Estate Wines Company, which handles global distribution and marketing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets