AUSTRIA: Pfanner powers through EUR200m in 2006
Austrian fruit juice and iced tea company Pfanner has broken the EUR200m sales barrier for the first time.
The company yesterday (14 March) posted a 6.8% increase in full-year sales for 2006, coming in at EUR205m (US$270.3m).
Pfanner credited the rise to improved sales in all markets and by the strong performance of new products in the year. Entry into Eastern European markets, including the Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania, also proved successful in 2006.
Only 20% of Pfanner's sales occur in its domestic market, with the remaining 80% coming from exports to 70 countries. In neighbouring Germany, for example, Pfanner controls 19.8% of the iced tea market.
Pfanner was founded in 1854 and employs 340 people in Austria.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets