AUSTRALIA: Petulama's future plans temper results
Pricing and distribution strategies, designed to ensure long-term sustainability had tempered Listed Australian premium producers 1999-2000 results, executive chairman, Brian Croser, said today.Petaluma's EBIT of $A10.7m was only $A0.4m more than in 1998-99, revenues increased by 15.9% to $A41.4m with post-tax profit 9.5% greater at $A6.5m."We could have continued with at least double digit growth but we bit the bullet, maintaining our prices and taking over our own distribution which is having an effect on sales," Croser said.The strategies were aimed at allowing Petaluma to develop in its niche as a pure premium wine supplier to the global market during the next decade.He said the results were consistent with expectations, given global and domestic competitive pressures and increased market support costs.Growth of 4% in branded case sales and revenue growth did not take into account benefits of Petaluma's joint venture with Stimson Lane of the US, or the purchase of Oregon-based Argyle Winery, which had been settled yesterday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages