AUSTRALIA: Petulama's future plans temper results
Pricing and distribution strategies, designed to ensure long-term sustainability had tempered Listed Australian premium producers 1999-2000 results, executive chairman, Brian Croser, said today.Petaluma's EBIT of $A10.7m was only $A0.4m more than in 1998-99, revenues increased by 15.9% to $A41.4m with post-tax profit 9.5% greater at $A6.5m."We could have continued with at least double digit growth but we bit the bullet, maintaining our prices and taking over our own distribution which is having an effect on sales," Croser said.The strategies were aimed at allowing Petaluma to develop in its niche as a pure premium wine supplier to the global market during the next decade.He said the results were consistent with expectations, given global and domestic competitive pressures and increased market support costs.Growth of 4% in branded case sales and revenue growth did not take into account benefits of Petaluma's joint venture with Stimson Lane of the US, or the purchase of Oregon-based Argyle Winery, which had been settled yesterday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future