AUSTRALIA: Petulama's future plans temper results
Pricing and distribution strategies, designed to ensure long-term sustainability had tempered Listed Australian premium producers 1999-2000 results, executive chairman, Brian Croser, said today.Petaluma's EBIT of $A10.7m was only $A0.4m more than in 1998-99, revenues increased by 15.9% to $A41.4m with post-tax profit 9.5% greater at $A6.5m."We could have continued with at least double digit growth but we bit the bullet, maintaining our prices and taking over our own distribution which is having an effect on sales," Croser said.The strategies were aimed at allowing Petaluma to develop in its niche as a pure premium wine supplier to the global market during the next decade.He said the results were consistent with expectations, given global and domestic competitive pressures and increased market support costs.Growth of 4% in branded case sales and revenue growth did not take into account benefits of Petaluma's joint venture with Stimson Lane of the US, or the purchase of Oregon-based Argyle Winery, which had been settled yesterday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review